Please note: Due to capacity restrictions, we are closed for referrals for clients with due dates in November for birth support and extended postnatal support.
We have limited capacity for clients due in September.
We thank you for your understanding.
Client eligibility criteria
Our programs are provided free of charge to people living in Greater Melbourne and surrounds who are experiencing economic disadvantage and also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Refugee background or seeking asylum
- Newly arrived migrant (within 5 years)
- Experiencing or at risk of homelessness
- Previous or current experience of mental health concerns
- Experience of alcohol or drug misuse
- Experience of trauma
- Experience of abuse
- Experience of family violence
- Under 25 years of age
- Living with a disability
- Lacking a birth support person
We try our best to support everyone who is referred to us; however, due to increasing demand for our services, we are not always able to provide support for everyone.
We provide the following support services for eligible clients in greater Melbourne and surrounds.
- 1:1 birth support (includes 2-3 antenatal appointments, support during labour, 1-2 postnatal appointments)
- 1:1 extended postnatal support (includes 12 hours support during the six weeks after birth)
Our doulas provide one-to-one education tailored to suit the needs of the client as a stand-alone service. If your client is in need of additional education support related to pregnancy, birth and the early postnatal period please submit a referral.
We welcome self-referrals and referrals from agencies and services. Referrals can be made at any stage during the pregnancy, however if the estimated due date is within the next four weeks, please provide as much detail as possible about the client. We will do our best to match them with a doula as soon as possible and will let you know if we have been able to.
Please note: We do not provide any financial assistance for maternity care or costs.