Scholarship program eligibility
Our Doula Training Scholarships are open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, and people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds (who speak English and one or more community languages) who are interested in becoming a birth doula.
No prior training is necessary.
Birth for Humankind is committed to building a diverse doula workforce and supporting women to develop employment skills.
A doula is a highly skilled birth companion who provides practical and emotional support during pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period.
What benefits will a scholarship place give you?
- You will receive the complete Foundational Doula Training Program free of charge - the full course details can be found HERE
- You will be proactively improving access to equitable maternal care for all women and birthing people
- You will gain the skills needed to provide community-based doula support, which responds directly to, and respects, the cultural and/or social needs of women and birthing people
- You will have the opportunity to develop transferable, professional employment skills - for example communication, team work, report writing and many more - that will help you to navigate the Australian workforce and create career pathways
- You will receive advice on working as a doula in private practice, that will allow you to grow your own business should you choose to
What is your commitment to the scholarship?
- You must be available to complete the relevant course dates from Tuesday 6th June 2023 to Tuesday 24th October 2023
- You must attend compulsory in-person sessions from 10am-2.30pm, in North Melbourne on the following dates:
- 6th June
- 25th July
- 8th August
- 22nd August
- 10th October
- 24th October
- You must commit to a volunteer component of birth support for 3 Birth for Humankind clients over an 18 month period from graduation* - you will receive a mentor to support you for this volunteer work
How to apply
Submit an online application HERE and someone from our Programs Team will be in touch within 10 working days to complete your enrolment.
Please indicate if you are interested in applying for a scholarship in the online application form.
For more information please contact Cath Wright (She/Her), Doula Program Supervisor via this email address email@example.com
*Must be completed by 30th April, 2025 or full fee balance of $2200.00 will be payable