We provide targeted support for mothers and babies who experience proven poorer health and wellbeing outcomes.
We provide free pregnancy support and education services to pregnant women who are experiencing financial hardship and who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- At risk of perinatal mental health issues
- Under 25 years of age
- Experiencing homelessness
- Newly arrived migrant
- Refugee background or seeking asylum
- History of mental health issues
- Current or historical substance misuse
- Experience of trauma, abuse, family violence
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Lacking a birth support person
The women we support are from many different cultures and speak many different languages. We have a number of bicultural doulas in our volunteer doula team. We also provide free interpreter support in all programs.