We have over 40 volunteer doulas and numerous other office and community-based volunteers, including photographers and graphic designers.
We are currently looking for volunteer:
- grant writers
- community fundraisers and marketers
- communicators and creatives, including copy writers, photographers and videographers
- researchers and advocates
- qualified doulas
We welcome expressions of interest from people with all levels of skills and experience. Send your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant skills and work or study experience to email@example.com.
We generally recruit twice a year. We invite applications from doulas, midwives and student midwives who are interested in supporting women from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. Applicants will be invited to attend an information session and interviews will take place in the weeks afterwards. Successful applicants will be required to attend two full days of induction training.
Eligibility and application
To be eligible to apply as a volunteer doula for Birth for Humankind, you are required to:
- Live in Greater Melbourne or Geelong area
- Have completed a comprehensive doula training program, be a midwife or student midwife
- Have attended a minimum of three births (not including birth of own children)
- Have a current Police Check and Working with Children Check
- Agree to abide by our relevant policies and Code of Practice
- Be committed to providing quality, impartial support to women from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Be committed to provide primary doula support to a minimum of three clients over an 18 month period
To read more download the volunteer doula information sheet.