We have more than 50 volunteer doulas and numerous other office and community-based volunteers, including photographers and graphic designers.
We generally recruit new volunteers three times a year. Our March 2020 intake has now closed.
You are able to complete an online application at any time and it will be considered when our next round is open.
We invite applications from doulas, midwives and student midwives who are interested in supporting women from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
Eligibility and application
To be eligible to apply as a volunteer doula for Birth for Humankind, you are required to:
- Live in Greater Melbourne or Geelong area
- Have completed a comprehensive doula training program, be a midwife or student midwife
- Have attended a minimum of three births (not including birth of own children)
- Agree to abide by our relevant policies and Code of Practice
- Be committed to providing quality, impartial support to women from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Be committed to provide primary doula support to a minimum of three clients over an 18 month period
To read more download the volunteer doula information sheet.
* It's Birth for Humankind policy that all volunteers must have a current police check and working with children check. We can assist you to apply for these.
From time to time we recruit for office-based volunteers or volunteers with skills in a particular area.
At this time we are not recruiting for general volunteers, but if you are interested in our work please check back here again soon.