Are you a qualified doula, midwife or retired midwife, or midwifery student who has attended a minimum of 3 births? We would love to hear from you.
We offer our volunteer team free professional development training, a caring community of support, practice guidance and regular support circles.
We generally recruit new volunteers 3 times a year. We are currently recruiting for our October intake. To be eligible for this intake, you must be available to attend full-day training on both Saturday October 10th and Saturday October 17th.
Outside of recruitment rounds, you are able to complete an online application at any time and it will be considered when our next round is open.
Eligibility and application
We invite applications from doulas, midwives and student midwives who are interested in supporting women from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
To be eligible to apply as a volunteer doula for Birth for Humankind, you are required to:
- Live in Greater Melbourne or Geelong area
- Have completed a comprehensive doula training program, be a midwife or student midwife
- Have attended a minimum of three births (not including birth of own children)
- Agree to abide by our relevant policies and Code of Practice
- Be prepared to get a current police check and working with children check. We can assist you to apply for these.
- Be committed to providing quality, impartial support to women from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Be committed to provide primary doula support to a minimum of three clients over an 18 month period
To read more download the volunteer doula information sheet.
From time to time we recruit for office-based volunteers or volunteers with skills in a particular area. We are not currently seeking any specific roles.
If you are interested in general volunteering opportunities, please complete our online form here (NB you will need to create a profile). If you have any questions or need assistance with the form, please email email@example.com.