We have more than 50 volunteer doulas and numerous other office and community-based volunteers, including photographers and graphic designers.
Project and Administration Officer (Volunteer or Intern)
This volunteer role will provide project management and ongoing operational and administrative support to the CEO and work collaboratively with the broader team.
A full position description is available here.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria to email@example.com by Monday 16 September 2019.
Our current recruitment round ends on Monday 16th September 2019. We invite applications from doulas, midwives and student midwives who are interested in supporting women from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. Successful applicants will be required to attend two full days of induction training.
Eligibility and application
To be eligible to apply as a volunteer doula for Birth for Humankind, you are required to:
- Live in Greater Melbourne or Geelong area
- Have completed a comprehensive doula training program, be a midwife or student midwife
- Have attended a minimum of three births (not including birth of own children)
- Have a current Police Check and Working with Children Check
- Agree to abide by our relevant policies and Code of Practice
- Be committed to providing quality, impartial support to women from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Be committed to provide primary doula support to a minimum of three clients over an 18 month period
To read more download the volunteer doula information sheet.
We welcome expressions of interest from people with all levels of skills and experience. Send your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant skills and work or study experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.