We have more than 50 volunteer doulas and numerous other office and community-based volunteers, including photographers and graphic designers.
Our current recruitment round is open. We invite applications from doulas, midwives and student midwives who are interested in supporting women from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
Successful applicants will be required to attend two full days of induction training on the 14th and 21st of March.
Eligibility and application
To be eligible to apply as a volunteer doula for Birth for Humankind, you are required to:
- Live in Greater Melbourne or Geelong area
- Have completed a comprehensive doula training program, be a midwife or student midwife
- Have attended a minimum of three births (not including birth of own children)
- Have a current Police Check and Working with Children Check
- Agree to abide by our relevant policies and Code of Practice
- Be committed to providing quality, impartial support to women from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Be committed to provide primary doula support to a minimum of three clients over an 18 month period
To read more download the volunteer doula information sheet.
We welcome expressions of interest from people with all levels of skills and experience. Please fill out our online volunteer application form, including a copy of your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant skills and work or study experience.